The Eurotrip

I just felt that I should document our trip, while the memory is still fresh :P

Sept. 25, 2008 at 1:00am - departed Changi terminal 3 via SQ. It was our first time to be in a super long flight... SQ is quite nice... we had 2 meals (Dinner and Breakfast) and some snacks... they gave us this overnight kit with socks, toothbrush and toothpaste... the TV has 570++ channels (i didn't have the chance to browse thru all the channels)

around 6:00am, we arrived at the Zurich Airport.. it was small.. just ok... it was so cold :p hahaha... we didn't expect it to be that cold :p We met our driver, Indra from Czech Republic, and also the Indonesian family (the other group in the trip).

around 7:00-8:00am, we went straight to the Rhine Falls... it's the biggest falls in Europe... it was freezing there.... hahaha...

around lunch time, we arrived at the Black Forest in Germany and saw the cookoo clock thingy... lunch was good...we had German pork knuckles (just like our crispy pata)

after lunch, we headed back to Switzerland in a city called Lucerne.... We stayed at Hotel Flora which is very near the city area.... We figured it'll be too cold the next day, so my honey and I decided to go the city after dinner and look for very very thick jackets :P So we explored around the city looking for some shops that are still open after 6pm. We found one. Got our jackets and decided we also need gloves.

Went back to the hotel to get a good night sleep.

Sept. 26 - Wake up call was at 7:30AM. Had to get ready and eat breakfast. We went straight to Mt. Titlis. We rode 3 cable cars on the way up the mountains. We heard the cow bells rang. Hehe. On the last cable car, we saw the mountain, capped with snow!!!! It was our first time ever to see an icy top mountain. It was so cold. I liked it! hahaha. I loved it when there's a cold breeze but there's also sun on my face. And I never sweat. I just love that weather. :)

The trip was very very tiring. Went back to the city at around 2pm. My baby and I had our lunch at a restaurant. We had the cheese fondue and the Rosti. Yummy meal! Then we strolled around the city area. Explored around the Central Station. It was huge. And we saw a lot of posters of Uniquely Singapore.

We had dinner at Mcdonald's. It was so expensive. I think we paid about 20 Swiss Francs for the meal. Oh well. It's Europe! Everything should be expensive for the Asians :P and I was comparing it the to Singapore cost of Living :p


Sept. 27 - Mostly a road trip going to Paris!!! We stopped by a gas station with restaurants in the expressway. Kinda like in Manila. Lots of tourist passing by to eat there also. I just notice about the French people, they can understand English, but they will not talk to you in English. They will stick to their French language. Oh well. It's their country, and we were just visitors. So it's ok, I guess.

We arrived in Paris around 5PM. Went straight to the hotel. Our hotel was far from the City area. So we just rested for the night. We tried watching some of the local channels. They have those game shows also. But we couldn't understand them. Everything sounds French. hahaha.

Sept. 28 - My 29th Birthday!!! And I woke up in Paris! Yey for me! We had breakfast at the hotel. It was soooo yummy! The croissant is really really yummy in Paris. :) We hurried down coz we needed some cash (we were out of cash!) We looked for an ATM. We found one just 2 blocks away from the hotel. Most ATMs in Paris are only open during office hours. Weird huh?

We went to the City Area. We had a nice tour. We passed by the Louvre, the Universities, the Notre Dame Cathedral, Eiffel Tower, Arc de Triomphe and the Place dela Concorde to see the Obelisk.


We had lots and lots of photos! hahaha. We went up the Eiffel Tower. It was pretty. We also had the cruise around Paris.

My honey and I went to the Louvre to see the Mona Lisa. It wasn't part of the tour. But we had the free time. So we went there. :) The Louvre is so huge. My feet hurt!

We had crepe and ice cream outside the Louvre. We rode the train back to the Champs Elysees (the Orchard Road equivalent in SG). We went inside the Louis Vuitton. Lots of labeled shops there. Really really fun. I want to go back there :)

We watched the show Paradis Latin. We were supposed to go to Moulin Rouge, but we didn't have a ride home. So we decided to watch the Paradis Latin which includes dinner and free flow of alcohol! We had escargo as appetizers. Really yummy! I loved it! Then steak for the main course. And then chocolate cake for dessert. All very yummy. And it's free flow of wine!

Sept. 29 - Had breakfast at the hotel again, but it was time to leave Paris. We're on our way to Belgium. It's my baby's 29th bday! We went to Brugge. And saw a lot of cutie buildings. We also went inside the chapel where the veil which was supposedly rubbed on Jesus' face was there.


And of course, we had the Belgian Waffle. hehehe.

We saw the Manneken Pis in Brussels also. We stayed in Brussels for the night. As for dinner, we had Mussels and French fries. Sounds weird, but very very yummy!

Sept. 30 - Our 2nd Year Anniversary! We were on our way to Amsterdam! Weee! The most fun place in the world.

Went to Volendam Fishing Village. We had Fish and chips for lunch. Really tasty! strolled around the village and took lots of photos. Then headed to the hotel.

Our hotel was again far from the city area, but we decided to ride the 40 euros cab to the city to see the red light district. hehehe. It was fun! You'll never see anything like it anywhere. Some girls look like barbies. :) Some are normal. Some looks gay.

We also visited the Sex Museum. hehehe. Then we had french fries with Mayo. Yummy! They claim they're the world's number 1 french fries.

We also went inside a coffeeshop. We were just so curious. And when we saw the menus, OMG! It's really true! And you can smoke a cigarette inside the coffeeshop. You have to buy their stuff. We were so afraid to try it. I wanted to, but my baby doesn't wanna let me do it. We just had coffee and the special cake instead. After all, it is a coffeeshop :P hehehe.


Then we passed by Pink elephant a couple of times. There's always a long queue. We were so curious. So we decided to join the queue. Hahaha. We didn't know what to expect inside. We just went along. The bouncer guy gave me a lolipop shaped like a penis! hehehe. I was like, Okay.. :P

So we were inside, and I saw the stage with a couple doing it! OMG! It was my first time to see a liveshow! Way to celebrate our 2nd Anniversary! hahaha. The show only last for about 1hour. They have 4 couples. I think about 10-15mins each couple. And there's an intermission in between. I couldn't forget the last girl in the intermission. My hubby and I were ready to leave, but then the girl, Smoking Lisa, started lighting up a tobacco. I told my honey, let's wait. And she did it! She smoked with her you-know-what. There was an American guy who was laughing out loud. His wife had to cover his mouth to shutup. Hahaha. It was so cool to finally see it. Before this night, it was just an urban legend. hahaha.

I guess the Amsterdam trip was complete.

Oct. 1 - Had the cruise around Amsterdam. It was really amazing that the Deutch people managed to build the canals in the olden days. And still manage to maintain it til now. I was really amazed. I learned a lot of things.

We went to the diamond cutting factory. Where we learned how to choose a nice diamond. So we had to go back there. When we have lots of money, so my baby can buy me nice diamonds. hehehe.

We also went to the wooden clogs factory and Cheese factory and the windmills. It was pretty. Nothing like I've ever seen in my entire life.

After that, it was time to head to the Schipol Airport and board the plane to London. Yey!

We arrived London around 11ish. I saw lots of billboards of Gordon Ramsay. He's really popular in London. We passed by the city area, saw the Eye.

Oct. 2 - Had a city tour of London. We saw the changing of the guards. Had photos at the Big Ben and the Tower Bridge. It's a beautiful City. I want to live there. I asked my honey if we can move there. He said if I can find a job there, he'll come with me. hehehe. I love the weather. Hahaha. We went to the Picadilly Road. It's like the Orchard Road here in SG.

Then time to go home in SG.

We flew 13hours. Non-stop. It was a very very short trip, but at least saw a bit of everything.

We also had a great time. It was worth it! All worth it. Hope we can go to Italy next time. Maybe next year. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2 in 1

Bing's Bday Bash

Random thoughts...