The SCB Marathon 2009

The day has come. Woke up early to eat the powerbars (provided in the race pack). Then geared up and headed to City Hall MRT station for the race.

From the Bus stop, we could already see people with blue shirts (the SCB uniform). And we saw more people on the train. It got more exciting when we reached City Hall MRT. The whole crowd was wearing the blue shirt :)

Carlo went to the starting line. The Men's 10km started at 7:30AM. So I went to the esplanade to meet up with Pam and Nerie.


At around 8:00AM, some of the full marathon experts have finished their race. Lousy (half marathon) was on his 8th km already. We were about to start. Jog jog jog, wave wave to the crowd and to the cameras... hehehe...

After the 1st km, Nerie and I started walking. Until the 9th km I think... hahaha... We started running again during the last km. It was fun, exciting, and I remember I couldn't wait for it to end coz I was so hungry!

Carlo finished the race at 1hr and 24mins, and I finished at 1hr 49mins. Not bad for first timers. We got our finishers' medals. Woohoo!!!


After resting a few minutes, we went to raffles city mall to eat. We had lunch at The Asian Kitchen. Yummy chinese food!!! After eating, we went home. Couldn't wait to shower and sleep again. Hahaha.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2 in 1

Bing's Bday Bash

Random thoughts...